Saturday, September 30, 2017

~~ Friday’s Hunt v.4.13 -- "M" is for ...

For the week of September 29th: 
(1) Starts with "M"; (2) Cloth; and (3) Everyday Things:
(1.a) Starts with "M": Morning.  This is morning as I saw it looking out from our back porch.  I've done this before but never this time of the morning.  And most often from our previous home adjacent to the golf course.  Wasn't our sunrise was spectacular here earlier this week.  Yet we didn't even see the sun hiding behind another house here in YuppieVille.

(1.b) Starts with "M": Mrs.  Mrs. Jim has had two cataract surgeries this month.  This is how she looked when she came home.  Plopped down in the recliner and went back to sleep.  Waiting for lunch that I made, of course.  She's a keeper, worth much more now than when she couldn't see very well.  Sooo good that right now I am sure she will get very good marks on my annual evaluation of her.

(2) Cloth: Dunno right now.  I think of "Persons of the cloth" meaning the clergy of Christian church.



But better would be my little 1998 Rag Top Ford Mustang GT Convertible.  It was a 2001 retirement present from me to me.  I also call it an "Old Man's Motorcycle".



(3) Everyday Things:  My favorite everyday hat, also made of Canvas Cloth


Made in Guatemala, I purchased it in 2006 while visiting Guatemala from a street vendor.  I really like it for walking, attending out door sports, and for riding top down.  I wore it this morning while watching KP's soccer game.  It keeps my ears out of the sun which a ball cap won't.

It does double duty in top down because it doesn't blow off in the breeze.  If it tried to blow off I would use it's chin string.       

Also "I" think it makes me look younger.  People say I don't look nearly as old as I am even without the hat.
.
- - - - - -

The Fine Print: 
 - Teresa of Eden Hills, (click) is running this meme, Friday's Hunt. 
Her rules are: "Welcome to linkup for Friday’s Hunt. It’s very simple. Anyone can participate. The signing in link opens at 7pm Friday Central time and will close Sunday at 7pm." You can read others' posts there any time.
 ________other_Friday_Hunt_posts_______

Labels: , , , ,


Comments:
...I hope that Mrs. Jim does well with her cataract surgery, last year I had mine done. It sure is nice to be able to see!
 
I hope things will go well for Mrs. Jim as she recovers from these surgeries. I hope that her vision is better than ever! That is a nice hat and a nice car...and a spectacular sunrise. Have a blessed day.
 
You are on eye drop duty. That takes forever to do all the eye drops, but she will be seeing far better. I can remember when I had my eye done. What a difference.

Have a fabulous day. ☺
 
What a beautiful morning sunrise Jim - such a glorious sky. I am still quite envious of your pool, but of course it is too cold for outdoor pools here now. I am glad that Mrs. Jim will pass her annual performance review! Does she get a bonus if she exceeds expectations!? I am glad her vision will have improved with the surgery. All the better to see you with! And to see those lovely sunrises!
 
I also had cataracte surgery, one last week on the left eye and one this week on the right, it went all smooth, I even walked the long corridors to the exit where Mr. G. picked me up. Besides putting drops in my eyes I had nothing to do and continued my life as usual even without sunglasses. The only hic is I need new glasses because mine are too strong now !
 
Glad to see you are taking such good care of Mrs. Jim. My hubby did that twice, once for each eye. Glad to see your post and your always terrific shares. I am still at my original blog but stop by here too: https://mytatascottage.blogspot.com/ I am really getting back into the blogging because social media is very cutting and very cruel. Our middle is getting married Dec 2 and our grandson Andrew and wife Tarrah are expecting new baby boy number three next week. Our son Jeremy and his wife Brittany are having a baby boy in March 2018. We are a busy bunch! I miss Ms. Jenny from Alphabe Thursday and need to send her a card. I am always thinking of her. :-) You share so many great things Jim it is hard to find just one to comment on. I will say you just bring smiles all around, thank you and I hope your neighbors and friends are getting along since the wicked storm. always thinking and praying for everyone touched by these tragedies. Blessings to you and Mrs. Jim.
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?