Friday, August 04, 2017

~~ Friday’s Hunt v.4.05 -- "E" is for ...

Friday Hunt for the week of August 4th:
(1) Starts with E; (2) Drop(s); and (3) Happy

(3) Happy: Happy Cats appear a lot on calendars.  This calendar is a Cat Calendar that hangs on the wall between the breakfast room and the kitchen in my BIL's home in Jackson, Tennessee.  We were visiting him and his wife for a last weekend until yesterday (Friday evening until Wednesday morning.)

That was all in a loaner car from out dealer as the power steering pump went out in our car.  Our loaner was nice, a 2017 Cadillac XTS Stellar Black SUV with only 287 miles when we started.  Now it has over 2000.

I'll have a better picture next week or maybe "L" for Loaner week.  This picture was taken somewhere in eastern Arkansas of the car's Instrument Cluster.  The seed limit was either 70 or 75 mph.  I generally drive 'just a bit over.'


(1) Starts with "E":  Exoskeleton starts with "E".   For some reason I always called these a shell.  Well, it is really.

At the lower left in this picture is the shell from a locust who had outgrown his was in need of a new one.  My BIL think it belonged to a Katydid, but I wouldn't know.

Click on the picture for a much better view.  Click again, it might get bigger still.

(2) Drop(s):  Somehow I get the feeling that something dropped in here.  Or at least a few Drops did.
_ _  
.
The Fine Print: - 
 - Teresa of Eden Hills, (click)is running this meme, Friday's Hunt. Her rules are: "Welcome to linkup for Friday’s Hunt. It’s very simple. Anyone can participate. The link opens at 7pm Friday Central time and will close Sunday at 7pm."
________other_Friday_Hunt_posts_______
 
 - I'm also linked with Sandee at her Feline Friday post,
https://comedyplus.blogspot.com/2017/08/feline-friday.html
 

Labels: , , , ,


Comments:
Welcome to Feline Friday. Your cat is most handsome.

Have a purrfect Feline Friday, Jim. My best to Mrs. Jim. ☺
 
I had a very nice cat calendar hanging in the utility room. Unfortunately, one of my cats sprayed it. I guess he didn't like it as much as me. I couldn't believe it when it happened.

What a nice dealer letting you take that car to Tennessee. I love the mountains of Tennessee. I was driving one time and the snow started to fall. I stopped at a couple of motels and there was no room at the Inn. At the third motel I went up to the desk and said, "I hope you have a room because I live in Texas and I'm not used to driving in snow any more. Would you believe the desk clerk was from Richmond or Rosenberg? (Can't remember which.) Anyway, he had a room for me.
 
I had a Cat Calendar last year used to always bring a smile to my face :-)

Have a fantabulosa day & thanks for bouncing by :-)


 
...a bit over you say?
 
I had to laugh at your 'drops' shot. I would never have thought of that. Have a good week Jom and that for your llong comments. Very interesting.
 
I didn't know katydids shed an exoskeleton. I just read they eat theirs. Who knew? I've seen a few from the locusts around our yard. We! all love happy cats! Sounds like a nice loaner for a trip, can't wait to see it. Uh-oh, that's never a good sign on a restroom! Have a great week!
 
Where are the drops on the wet floor ? lol
 
Exoskeleton is such a good word for the letter E, Jim! Great choice! I have a rabbit calendar instead of a cat calendar, but looking at pictures of most kinds of animals usually makes me happy! Thanks for your comment on my blog - I hope you do come to visit the Bay of Fundy sometime with Mrs. Jim. I would love to meet you for a coffee and a chat when you visit - so let me know when you're coming! At least they put up the sign about the drops on the floor so that somebody didn't end up dropping to the floor unexpectedly!
 
Very impressive E word. I just found an exoskeleton for a cicada on the tire of my car the other day. Cute cat calendar! Sorry to hear about the car troubles, but hopefully the loaner was nice. Thanks so much for joining Friday's Hunt. Have a great rest of the week!
 
Great photos, Jim. The exoskeleton is great. I have a similar exoskeleton on the curly metal thing holding up our mailbox. I think it belonged to a cicada. There was a creepy, unidentified, still-living thing right beside it that flew off just after I took its picture.

I am glad you were able to take that trip in a cool new car. I'm sorry that your regular car was having problems and hope that it will be back to normal soon.

Have a blessed weekend.
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?