Friday, April 07, 2017

~~ Friday’s Hunt v.3.14 -- "N" is for ...

Friday's Hunt for the week of April 7th:  (1) Starts with N; (2) Week's Favorite; and (3) Blue

(1) Starts with N: "N" is for New.   New plants for the backyard.  We had a hard freeze in January and the Hibiscus didn't make it.  The Rabbits ate our pansies long ago (link to my children's poem about that).  So now we have New Vincas in the beds. Plus in the one bed showing we have Lilly of the Nile plants that Mrs. Jim brought here from our previous house in Montgomery for this one bed.

So now our backyard is looking pretty nice again.  I can't wait until the natural water temp get warmer in the pool.  KP has already tested it.


We also put in a new to us Palm tree to replace the one in the center of the ones beside the back fence.  This one is a Silver Palm that is winter resistant, supposedly.

(2) Week's Favorite: I found this Driving cartoon on one my FaceBook friend's pages.  I can't remember who, but it floats around I'm sure. 

Mrs. Jim seems to be more concerned with my driving since we moved out of the country and back in to YUPs (Young Urban Professionals) land. 

Most of the YUPs drive really fast and dart in and out of traffic.  Not the peaceful Montgomery setting she's used to driving in.

I think that goes both ways, she may not.  We both are good drivers.

(3) Blue: These Blue Sky pictures I took coming back from Washington, D.C. after our January visit with BP (blog link).

And then I found this picture I had taken, I don't remember why though, that I took it. But the Blue packaged cookies are to die for but the red ones are too sticky as the filling is some cooked up sticky-jelly-like concoction.

_ _ _ _ _ _

The Fine Print: - Teresa of Eden Hills, (click) is running this meme, Friday's HuntHer rules are: "Welcome to linkup for Friday’s Hunt. It’s very simple. Anyone can participate. The link opens at 7pm Friday Central time and will close Sunday at 7pm."  http://www.inlinkz.com/new/view.php?id=706616
.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments:
New plants are great - lucky for you, Houston allows for blooms all year - happily in New England, we will be planting annuals soon as it finally gets warm anyway. The shy is wonderfully blue at 40,000 feet, almost purple as you look from your Boeing or Airbus window...
 
...it's "N"ice to see your yard, mine still has a snow cover. YUPs drive me "N"uts. I'll take a blue package please.
 
Love your new plants. They do make for a pretty yard.

Oh the drivers. You should try driving here. It's awful most of the time. I think so folks have a death wish. They think they own the road.

Have a fabulous day, Jim. My best to Mrs. Jim. ☺
 
The new flowers look lovely. Shame that you've had such a rough winter. We had hardly any winter weather at all, and I'm dealing with the negative effects of that too. :-( Had to smile at the cartoon. Very cute. Thanks so much for joining Friday's Hunt. Hope your week is going well!
 
I love vinca, it is hardy and colorful and spreads out well! I smile at KP testing the pool water, hoping it will soon be warm enough to swim! I loved the driving cartoon too, I dread the day when I am no longer able to drive independently, but I will be wise about it, my father was driving long after he was able to do so safely and we worried about him and those he might come in contact with. I think the sky is so beautiful when viewed from an airplane, especially flying through clouds, a bit like being in Heaven, and even more magical at night with city lights twinkling below! I don't care for cookies or pastries with gooey fillings that aren't identifiable as real fruit either. I would rather make my own with preserves or simply fruit. But I will eat any kind of cookie if there is one in the house! :-) I think I am finally caught up with reading from vacation now, just in time for your next post tomorrow! :-)
 
I missed commenting last week Jim - I was really busy all week and almost late with last week's Friday Hunt. The idea of a "winter resistant" palm tree is kind of funny to me, but I am sure they don't mean Canadian winters! The vinca are lovely - I used to have those in my garden in Iowa.
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?