My Six Words:
It's Good To Be Home Again!!!
We've been on a 'Transatlantic' Cruise, going from NYC to London (landing at Dover, U.K.)
That was leaving home May 31 and arriving in Dover, U.K. on June 15. It was very, very, nice. We rode over on the Pacific Princess ship.
Our ports of call were Halifax, Nova Scotia (Canada), three stops in Iceland, and two more in Scotland. Then we spend two more nights in London and went North to see a couple in Northampton who we had met on another cruise. I will blog more about our travel in the future.
[click on pictures once or again for larger size]
Pictures, Left to Right & Top to Bottom:
- Mrs. Jim with the lighthouse at Peggy's Cove, Halifax, N.S.
- Our Itinerary (be sure to click it at least once to see it larger)
- Statue of Liberty, NYC Harbor
- Empire State Building and NYC sky line photo
- Mrs. Jim and I for Formal Night on the Ship
- Mrs. Jim at Peggy's Cove. That is coffee in her hand.
Six Words Saturday fine print:
Describe your life (or something) in a phrase using just six words for Six Word Saturday. Click the box at right to visit Cate's blog with Mr. Linky showing all the other blogs participating this week. Cate is the boss at Six Word Saturday. She would like for you to participate.
Labels: Jim Does, Six Word Saturday, Travel 6
Topics for the week of June 17th are:
1. Starts with Y;
(1) Yellow is for: Submarine, a Yellow Submarine at that. You can read about this one by Googling "ScotchWables Tidal Power Ltd". It and it's service boat were parked at the dock with our ship at the Orkney Islands (Kirkwall, Scotland). The service boat is ownership can be viewed as www.scotmarine.net.
2. Week's Favorite; and
3. in my shoes.
(2) This week's favorite: this 'Implematic' model "David Brown 880" tractor. It was parked in the parking lot by the Kirkwall St. Magness Church, Scottish Anglican, garden.
I have no idea of the tractor's heritage and did not have the time nor the means, wifi time, to check with Google. You may want to shed more light on it in the comments below.
(3) In my shoes:
.These old shoes have been with me through a lot. They've been to dozens of states and almost as many countries. I once left them in Iowa (link) and had to change my life for a while.
They've sttod with me, holding me up when I feel like falling. Cheerful, them, they feel sorry for me when I might want to cry. Too, they literally stomp when I heartily laugh.
_ _ _ _ _
I am still imprisoned but may be 'free' to answer your comments later, fairly soon.
Update!! Update!! We came home this evening around 7:30. We took a cruise from New York City to London, leaving home May 31 and arriving in Dover, U.K. on June 15. It was very, very, nice. We rode over on the Pacific Princess ship.
Our ports of call were Halifax, Nova Scotia (Canada), three stops in Iceland, and two more in Scotland. Then we spend two more nights in London and went North to see a couple in Northampton who we had met on another cruise. I will blog about our travel in the future.
_ _ _ _ _
The Fine Print:
- Teresa of Eden Hills, (click) is running this meme, Friday's Hunt. Her rules are: "Welcome to linkup for Friday’s Hunt. It’s very simple. Anyone can participate. The link opens at 7pm Central time and will close Sunday at 7pm, so you have plenty of time to enter.
Labels: Friday’s Hunt 2016, Jim Bunch, Travel 6