Saturday, October 15, 2016

October is ... another Saturday poem

[Texas Lighthouse at Point Bolivar]
 
October
 
October is a cow, a female cow
She will moo for you and make you a shake
You have no choice but for you to rejoice
 
October is a pig, big old spoiled boar
He won't pay you never mind so you think
Walk past him quickly, he is gonna grunt
 
October is a baby chick, come quick
see how fast it learns, today tries to crow
Tomorrow it is to scratch, dig for worm
 
October is all the pets on my farm
Donkey Don, Billy goat, Cilly sheep, Shep
I've named them all, won't bore you with no more
 
Well except just one more, my favorite
October is my trusty horse, my love
Harley cares for me, nuzzles and gives me rides
_ _ _ _ 
 
Photos and Poem copyright, © 2016 Jimmiehov, All rights reserved
 
 
I'm linked with at the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads,
October in the Chair - http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2016/10/october-in-chair.html
Bonus fact, the only truth here, my birthday is in October, near Halloween
 
 
 

Labels: , , , ,


Comments:
Very well done Jim. I loved the ending.

Have a fabulous day. ☺
 
Do you really have a Harley? I don't think you live on a farm, but perhaps you really do have a bike. If so, be careful!
 
Thanks for your comment on my dreams&poetry blog recently (well, almost recently ... sorry to take a while to respond...). I really enjoyed this poem. And I have a fondness for motorcycles (real ones, as I call them, hogs and Harleys, that is, not those fake little ones :-D). A birthday near Halloween, what fun! Do you costume up? My costume this year is "Iris, Goddess of the Rainbow." I think it makes a nice contrast to last year's which was a witch with a spectacular purple hat with lots of veils.
 
Harley cares for me,
nuzzles and gives me rides

That'll be nice Dr Jim! It cares because we care!

Hank
 
Fun blog, I enjoyed perusing. Good thing I had eaten a chocolate bar, all that food would have made me hungry.
 
May we display your header on our new site directory? As it is now, the site title (linked back to your home page) is listed, and we think displaying the header will attract more attention. In any event, we hope you will come by and see what is going on at SiteHoundSniffs.com.
 
That hog at the end is definitely the best animal on the farm.
 
That last creature was a rather strange farm animal, but definitely the stuff of a boy's dreams, so it made me smile! :-)
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?