Friday, July 01, 2016

~~ Friday’s Hunt v.2.01 -- "A" is for ... (not this big dog)

Friday's Hunt for the week of July 1st: 1. Week's Favorite; 2. Starts with "A"; and 3. macro.

1. Week's Favorite:

Guess where I was when I took this picture?  I was sitting there minding my own business when this large dog, (a bull dog?) that I was petting jumped up into the empty chair beside me.  Whew!!

Soon after that two ladies came in with the small dog on the left pictured below.  My new found friend was fickle, he jumped down to welcome and befriend the new dog in town.

I had taken my car in for a Texas State inspection and an oil change.  The owner has always had several dogs of this one's family, this time there was just one at the shop.



2. Starts with "A":  Airport

Here are a couple of pictures that I took while we were being transported, in a golf cart, to the United Hospitality Room at Heathrow International Airport.



The first is the area approaching the Hospitality Room, the second is of us exiting an elevator.  We traveled a long way but our driver was skilled.  She even walked into the reception area with us.  Sometimes it's nice to be elderly.

The next two are of a Men's Shower room in the Hospitality Room.  I rate it a Five of a possible Five


My restroom rating system is based on how much equipment needs to be touched when ones hands are clean. Nothing had to be touched, the soap, the water, the paper towels, the toilet (there wasn't a urinal), they all were automatic no-hands devices.
I.e. a perfect Five.


 
 [click on a picture for larger viewing sized]
 
We are starting the Alphabet over again with the letter "A" this week.  I did all twenty-six letters last time which was the first hosted by Teresa. She starts off Friday evening but gives us a Monday head start at finding items to post.  You might wish to join in on the fun?

3. macro (My use is as opposites of 'micro', as in I studied Macro Econimics the first semester and Micro Economics the second.)
Per Google:
noun:
1. Computing
a single instruction that expands automatically into a set of instructions to perform a particular task.
2. Photography
short for macro lens.

adjective:
1. large-scale; overall.
"the analysis of social events at the macro level"
2. Photography
relating to or used in macrophotography.

Now what?  Homemade Macaronic soup, anyone?


.
The Fine Print:
 - Teresa of 
Eden Hills, (click) is running this meme, Friday's Hunt.  Her rules are: "Welcome to linkup for Friday’s Hunt. It’s very simple. Anyone can participate. The link opens at 7pm Central time and will close Sunday at 7pm, so you have plenty of time to enter.
.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments:
Yummy soup. Great photos. Happy weekend.
 
...and here I thought that you had gone to the vet.
 
Wow, I would love to find a no touch bathroom! That large pup looks like he was really trying to befriend you!
 
That dog was looking for some love for sure. He's a good looking one. I like big dogs.

The soup looks good. I'm hungry now.

Have a fabulous day Jim. ☺
 
Love the Boxer dog and good that he wa friendly. Can't better better than 5 out of 5 for the rest room and that soup looks delicious. Hope you have a marvellous weekend.
 
I thought you were sitting in a Veterinarian's office. Speaking of elderly...I've noticed more and more often people want to help me. I haven't decided it I'm offended or pleased.
 
To funny. I love dogs. And this one looks he really wants to talk to you! Soup looks fantastic!
 
Macaronic soup looks yummy. The name sounds like something Bugs Bunny might enjoy eating. The Husband is watching a Bugs Bunny cartoon on his computer right now. Bugsy was talking about Peas Soup. lol. I wonder if we can get towed the next time we have to walk a long distance in the airport. Today, at the motorcycle rally, the guard carded us. hahahahah.
 
I remember a friend of mine had a Boxer when I was at High School & it was so incredibly boistrous & excitable. On a blog I had many years ago I used to do a Toilet of the Week post featuring public toilets in hotels, restaurants etc. I always wondered what a person would think if they walked in on me taking toilet photos. I like the look of your Macro-oni soup Jim.
 
Your favorite picture is my favorite too ! ! Good idea to take Airport for the letter A !

BTW if you want to read more about Dali I have a whole post on my travel blog http://gattinatravels.blogspot.be/2016/05/dali-exhibition-in-liege-belgium.html
 
What wonderful company you had while your car was worked on/checked out! Fun transport through the airport. I like your rating system. Public restrooms can sometimes be a bit scary. The soup looks yummy! Thanks so much for joining in Friday's Hunt. Hope you have a great week!
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?