My/Your favorite Vegetable is _____________(What?)
Left: Mrs. Jim is shopping for some cheese (I know, cheese is not a vegetable)
Right: Street where we ate, near Vauxhall Station
All Pictures were taken near the Vauxhall area or at the Borough Market in London
[You may click on any of the pictures for larger views--try clicking twice!]
"V" is for vegetable(s). My favorite vegetable is not these potatoes, commonly cooked as French Fries.
My Top Twelve Favorite Vegetables:
1. Pumpkin (best cooked in a Pumpkin Pie)
2. Beets (Mom made the best pickled beets I have ever eaten)
3. Potatoes (cooked most any way, FF's best, Baked, stuffed with BBQ'd chopped beef, are very fine)
4. Cabbage (best cooked as sauerkraut, cole slaw is fine if not too much mayo)
5. Onions (French Fried best; also Raw on the plate, not on my hamburger)
6. Radishes (with salt)
7. Broccoli (cooked most any way, not creamed soup)
8. Spinach (cooked most any way, buttered with a little real bacon the best)
9. Green String Beans (canned Green Giant the best)
10. Pickled Cucumbers (not raw, please)
11. Celery and Hominy, tie (Hominy and Corn Bread are the only forms of corn my colon doctor will let me eat)
I do not like eggplant or rutabaga and would rather not have carrots. My colon doctor will not allow me to eat nuts and anything with seeds (remember Tomatoes are fruit as are Pecans)
Vegetables and Fruit (aren't Vegetables) at the market
A couple of Selfies;
-- me with a half eaten brat and sauerkraut sandwich, purchased at the Borough Market,
-- then me (with camera, Mrs. Jim, and KP all eating "on the street" at a Vauxhall standup eatery--I had fish and chips, Mrs. Jim had the hamburger and FF's, and KP had chicken nuggets)
Rabbits are the ultimate in Vegetarian living; sheep are big on vegetables too
If and when I ever come out of retirement to sell vegetables one of these vehicles is liable to be my delivery transportation.
All pictures are from our Spring 2014 visit to London.
We stayed almost two months.
Today I am linked again (this is the first one of the fourth series for me) with Teacher Jenny at her Alphabet Thursday Letter "V" blog (Link) (My Older series post links, 1st, 2nd, 3rd)
Labels: Alphabe-Thursday [4th], Family, Food, Jim Bunch Eats, Jim Does, KP, London, London Spring 2014, Selfies