Friday, December 12, 2014

My Alphabe-Thursday (5th), the letter "D" — Some places I've been starting with "D"

"D" is for some places, countries and cities starting with the letter "D" where I have traveled:
Countries:
Denmark
States:
Delaware
Cities
Dallas, Texas
Denver, Colorado
Des Moines, Iowa
Detroit, Michigan
Dublin, Ireland

Last first, we loved Dublin.  But our first visit was just a hotel stay in the spring of 2009 and then after touring Ireland (stayed at B&Bs) coming back on an emergency flight from Dublin (I fell at Powerscourt Gardens, just south of Dublin--to read my blog entry about that fall, click here). 
We did come back again and walked the city Dublin in the fall of 2009.

Excerpt from my blog post mentioned above (link):  This is the young lady who helped me at Powerscourt Garden Estates. She was sitting at the top of the steps having a smoke.

She and another young man saw me tumble, they both came running to help me back up. They offered help me to the first aid place but I had to find Mrs. Jim first.


For our Denmark visit, we flew over from London, U.K, to Copenhagen for a Baltic Sea cruise on the Princess line.   We spent two days and three nights before embarking and then another day at the end of the cruise before flying back to London.

Our first day we did Copenhagen in, just walking around, seeing the sights and doing what tourists should do.  The second day we rented a car and drove to the north of Copenhagen and back.  It was beautiful country but around Copenhagen it was mostly flat and very wet with all it's ponds and lakes.

The third day was at the end of our cruise and we did the things we didn't get done the first day.  Jim's Denmark (click on them to see) Post 1,  Post 2,  Post 3

Now we go window shopping with Jim. Pictures from our Copenhagen visit.
.





Please click on any picture for a better view of what we saw





Walking pictures. The yacht above is private.
You helped pay for it buying Microsoft ware.

Octopus is currently the world's ninth largest super yacht, owned by Paul Allen, the co-founder of Microsoft, to whom she was delivered in 2003. Octopus is the third largest super yacht that is not owned by a head of state, measuring 414 feet (126 m), and at the time it was built, was believed to be the biggest such yacht.
It carries two helicopters on board. (
link)

For more of the cruise pictures click here (you will see that I don't have a separate label)

 - Jenny is starting in now on her tenth series of Alphabe thursday.  With 52 weeks in a year and 26 letters in the alphabet she is now in her fifth year.  I am linked to her blog, GO HERE for more participants and their offerings. 

 - I am in my fifth series of Alphabe Thusday.  I intend to put on some pictures of my travels when I can find a few.  Some are in albums, pictures I've taken before a digital camera came to me.  I haven't scanned any yet.

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
Lovely photography and you certainly are well traveled ~

Happy Day to you.

artmusedog and carol
 
Well, I've been to Denver and Dallas. This is a fun exercise you do. I like it.

Have a terrific day. ☺
 
Gosh Jim - you have just been everywhere haven't you? I am jealous in a nice way.
 
Lovely pictures of Denmark. I haven't been to any of the countries you mentioned this week.
 
I love seeing other peoples pics of their travels.
Most weeks you've been to somewhere I've been, so I can remember my own visit at the same time.

But this week, it's all new to me....so this time I get to dream about next time....:-)
 
I'v been in three of your "D" places!
 
I'm surprised you went back to Dublin after the fall. I think I would have decided any Dublin trip was jinxed. I just decided that when I buy a yacht I want mine to have at least three helicopters. Did you watch the game? The poor Texans...another quarterback bit the dust.
 
Thank you for the colourful window shopping trip, Dr & Mrs Jim :)
 
Oh Jim! I think you need to get a portable cane for you and Mrs. Jim. I use one whenever we travel and it is averted a few new tumbles!

How is Mrs. Jim's healing coming along?

I would say this was a delightful link for the letter D but it just makes me worry about you.

Yeah.

I'm silly like that!

But Happy New Year!

And thanks for linking!

A+
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?