Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Two Shoes Tuesday # 6 -- "Illusions" / MidWeek Blues


Old Prospector Lost

prayed for a mirage
in the desert hot and dry
got an illusion

- - - - - -

99 Visual Phenomena; Optical Illusions
(Visual Illusion · Optische Täuschung)
by Michael Bach
go here to see them allhttp://www.michaelbach.de/ot/index.html

- - - - - -

I found that little Web site today. 
I do not know what makes
the eyeballs chase your cursor
nor how to make them stop.

The eyeballs may be an optical illusion.

- - - - - - -

Josie said: "Get ready for the next round of Two Shoes Tuesday... a place to share what we enjoy doing most... writing! Each week I'll provide a one-word writing prompt and ask you to share a short story, poem, essay, thought, or photo relating to that topic." 

The writing prompt for Tuesday, October 9th, is "Illusion"
http://www.josie2shoes.com/2012/10/two-shoes-tuesday-6-illusions.html
 
_ _ _ _ _ _
..
The pool belongs to our niece's home.  It looks inviting doesn't it?  The little house is a 'man cave' for her husband to hide out in.

If you want to post a MidWeek Blues picture, go get directions from Rebecca by clicking on the logo picture on the right. She has a Mr. Linky and good directions . Just do what I did. Or do less. All she requires is a BLUE PICTURE or BLUE THOUGHT, you don't have to write.
.
Rest in Peace,
dear Adi

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
I love the photo. What a great way to spend an afternoon.
 
I would certainly love to walk out into my dry brown back yard and find this lovely mirage, hopefully with very real water in the pool! Great take on the prompt, Jim, and I totally enjoyed looking at the optical illusions in the link you provided too! Thanks for joining us at Two Shoes Tuesday!
 
I've seen a lot of man caves, but he's got a really nice man cave. Lucky him.

Have a terrific day Jim. :)
 
PS I stopped getting spammed once I disallowed anonymous users. Have you tried that? That word verification is a bear!

I am going to look at those optical illusions next, although it is early, my eyes may not be up to it.

Thanks for reminding me of my MWBs label. I am so forgetful anymore.
 
"Man cave" reminds me of my husband's study room, Dr Jim :)
 
love the man cave! and I also thought about opitcal illusions... check out my post and have a great rest of the week!
 
am having trouble opening the link, but will keep trying. I love optical illusions, though they tend to hurt my eyes if I stare too much.
 
You sure do know how to make a great mirage!

I am just asking you this - do you know there is a way to not allow anonymous comments to be put on the blog - I never get any comments from them anymore. Just asking.
 
great blue post....lovely pool area....and I had fun with the opticals! thanx for sharing
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?