Monday, November 21, 2011

.
"I'd like to become beholden to you ma'am. What do I have to do to know your name?"

"Just promise to kiss my little old aunt."

"Deal!"


- - - - -
.
136 Characters as counted by Design 215
µ-fiction

Story Copyright
© 2011 Jimmiehov
All Rights Reserved


°Written for Succinctly Yours – Week 35
°The word of the week, 'beholden', and the picture were selected by
Grandma.
°It's posted on her blog, Grandma's Goulash
°Her Rules: Use the photo as inspiration for a story of 140 characters OR 140 words. It doesn’t have to be exactly 140, just not more.
°Using the word of the week is not required.

Labels:


Comments:
Another fun one. Enjoyed it.
 
Beholden is a very old term indeed. I remember it though.

Have a terrific day. :)
 
I love "to become beholden"!
I remember "Much beholden to you, ma'am" in old cowboy movies. A good old word. It still retains its dignity, whereas in some circles "grateful" has come to mean something somewhat negative.

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie’s Guide to Adventurous Travel
 
This is a cute one, Jim! It doesn't take much to win that girl's hand.
 
This makes me think of the strange feeling of having friends come to family picnics. So many stories that I understood but could not retell. Fun one!
 
I am beholden to you, Jim, for this clever Succinctly Yours take!

Yep, I actually like the word "beholden," mostly because it's part of an old Beatle song, isn't it? You know the one, "I Wanna Beholden Your Hand," I think it goes? Lol! I'd be willing to bet that, right now, your fave Fab Four song is "Help!" LoLouder! Good week to you, Jim!
 
This is cute! I liked it! May you have a great week ahead and a Happy Thanksgiving!

betty
 
Kiss my aunt...very funny response!

:)
 
What a chat-up line and she's easy to please! LOL
 
Haha. . .I wonder if there is really an aunt or if she is just testing him. LOL
 
Hope the aunt is not ugly, old, and warted!!! sandie
 
"become beholden" Now there is a mouthful. Can you say it three times fast.

I truly didn't expect "kiss my" to be followed by "aunt". Good one, Jim.
 
I don't think his motives are that upright. He has some evil intentions.
The train ride to Paris must be fun. Especially riding first class.
 
cute take!
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?