Saturday, September 24, 2011

This the Good Life — Six Word Saturday —

.
My Six Words:
What a lucky find for breakfast

On the way back from taking Mrs. Jim to the airport Thursday I stopped off at our local MacDonald's for a breakfast biscuit sandwich. I was rather hungry as I had just finished up an early morning shopping stint at Target.

That was my lucky day as they were having sausage and egg biscuit sandwiches for a $Dollar. I had one and as I was leaving the thought occurred to me, "why not get some more, one for each morning that I will be batching?"

So after I finished I bought three more, ONE FOR EACH DAY OF MY BATCHING. I take the top, or the thickest biscuit half, off setting it aside for after breakfast coffee. I will put strawberry jelly on that piece. I eat the other piece like an open faced sandwich with ketchup and pepper.

Oh yes, Mrs. Jim is at the Family Promise 11th National Conference in Salt Lake City (link). She is on our local chapter's board of directors and also is an officer. This should be a good learning convention for her. She networks pretty good really well too.

One more item. Since my knee surgery I have been eating breakfast. So far I have lost twelve or so pounds. If I can just keep them off or lose even a little more I will be happy.

- - - - - - - - - - -
Describe your life (or something) in a phrase using just six words for Six Word Saturday. Click the box at right to visit Cate's blog with Mr. Linky showing all the other blogs participating this week. Cate is the boss at Six Word Saturday. She would like for you to participate.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Sounds like a big breakfast to me! I'm told skipping breakfast is not a good way to lose weight, so I have a small plate of cereal and milk, full stop.
 
that's a whole lot of food! Enjoy the rest of your day too!
 
I cannot even imagine eating 2 - let alone 5 of them!
 
Guys, I only ate one each day, four total.
..
 
Yeah, I do some creative dining whenever My Beloved Sandra's away, too. Bon Appetit, mon Ami!
 
Yummy! (Found your blog from Six Word Saturday)
 
Up here they now have Fruit Maple Oatmeal at the McDonalds, which absolutely rocks! I was totally addicted to them last spring, picking one up three mornings a week when I drove into the big city for school.

Sure, I could make the same thing at home for a fraction of the price, but it's worth a $1.99 to save the time and mess of cooking at home.
 
Oh Jim, one morning is acceptable but an additional 3 mornings of Macca's for breakfast? Besides reheated Macca's for breakfast - ewggghhhh!!!
 
A good breakfast is one of the joys of life as far as I'm concerned!
 
i was asked to visit the conferance if i had a chance
 
Hi Jim ~~ Good idea to buy some meals for while Mrs. Jim is away. A
few days Maccas won't hurt you.
Glad you enjoyed the old jokes that
I posted - it gets difficult to find new ones. Take good care and have a good week ahead. Regards, Merle.
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?