Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Men's Power Lunch — MidWeek Blues — Grant Teaff

Our Church has started having a Men's Power Lunches series. Monday, this week, our speaker was Grant Teaff, former head football coach at Baylor University.

Grant has been in the College Football Hall of Fame since 2001. Around here he famous for having been the winningest coach against the University of Texas (at Austin) [
Wikipedia article].

Of course I attended along with over 149 other men who dropped in during their lunch hour. I would say that less than half were members of our church, the First Baptist Church of Conroe, Texas (
link).

Coach Teaff talked about how he encouraged football players to be the best they could be. At what ever assignment they held. As he talked he showed how to apply his teachings to our own lives. To be the best we could be. Teaff is famous for his jokes, I thought both funny and corny, which he liberally sprinkled on all us.

It is a wonder I don't have a picture of the delicious
McKenzie's Barbecue plate I had. I must be getting old.

Take a look at the (BLUE) speaker schedule. I am sure you will recognize some of these. All of them will show up on Google Search, most will be in Wikipedia.

If you would be in town on any of those days remember that I have invited you to come. The lunch costs $10.00. Next time I will take a food picture but it might not be barbecue from McKenzie's.



Below is the speaker, Coach Grant Teaff.

We ate in the church gym. This Thursday evening we will be beginning our contemporary services again. Those are held in the gym.

He had been having them but when the assistant minister left to start his own church we stopped having them. A lot of the young people like this type of service with the loud music and praise songs. I like them too but then that isn't acting my age.

In January we plan to change the contemporary service back to Sunday mornings while one of the other services is going along.

Our pastor is Dr. Mark Dennison (
picture link). He is fairly new to us since this Spring and has gotten off to a great start. He is a lot younger than me but we can communicate and relate fine.
- - - - - - - -

.If you want to post a MidWeek Blues picture, go get directions from Rebecca by clicking on the logo picture on the right. She has a Mr. Linky and good directions . Just do what I did.

Or do less. All she requires is a BLUE PICTURE or BLUE THOUGHT, you don't have to write.
.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Looks like you have a very nice line-up of speakers too. Even Pat Boone. Way to go. Enjoy every minute.

Have a terrific day. Big hug. :)
 
You don't have to act your age in church. In God's house we're all children, right?
 
Great speaker list for the lunch meetings. I would love to hear Pat Boone speak....or sing...
 
Wow that is quite the church you attend! I checked out the website...I think I'd like to hear that choir! Quite a line up of speakers...I think I would pose as a man to hear some of them. :)

Our church is baptist too...but up hear in the north you would never say that or no one would show up so it is called Keystone Fellowship. Sneaky, huh? It is 10 years old and was started bu 1st Baptist Orlando. We do the loud praise songs...generally I like them - but not always. We also have a college service where they take it up a couple more notches. My girls attend that one.
 
sound like the guys have a good time and learn something too

Hope sends you hugs :)
 
Men's Meetings are going around in my country too. How about Ladies'Meetings? =)
 
Jim ~ Does this prove there are NO FREE LUNCHES? ~ I hope that all is well? ~ jb///
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?