Thursday, January 28, 2010

French fries in Fance — MidWeek Blues — Water in the wine glass



[Please click on any picture for a larger size.]

Mrs. Jim wore a blue sweater just for MidWeek Blues blogging. We found this little cafe as a part of the hotel in old city Châteauneuf-du-Pape France, above (link 1) in the Côtes du Rhône (Rhône Valley) region. The whole town except for the restaurant was closed for the noon break. The restaurant was near the top of the hills. I love driving on the narrow streets of France.

The skies cooperated, as usual, and were very blue as well. All the these pictures were taken in the Châteauneuf-du-Pape area of Provence, France. du Pape is now known mostly for its excellent wine. We did visit a winery after lunch. No pictures though, sorry.



This is what the modern town looks like. It is located on the other side of the hill.

On top of the hill are the remnants of the first city. There isn't a building left standing but some of the walls of the city and the buildings are.






Provence in general is noted for it's excellent wine. du Pape is in one of the leading wine producing regions. What follows are some pictures of wine fields vineyards. Note the rocky soil. It would be hard to grow corn, wouldn't it? The rocks have a purpose; they help keep the soil warm after the sun goes down. Like global soil warming. It is hard to think of these trimmed back vines as growing large and having many, many grapes by harvest time.

Top right is Châteauneuf-du-Pape AOC (link 2)or 'Castle of the Pope' which is the home of Châteauneuf-du-Pape wine. Over 110,000 hectolitres of wine a year are produced here.



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
.
If you want to post a MidWeek Blues picture, go get directions from Rebecca by clicking on the logo picture on the right. She has a Mr. Linky and good directions . Just do what I did. .
Or do less. All she requires is a BLUE PICTURE, you don't have to write.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Messages:

1. Today I am having my stent (artery to the left kidney) put in today. It will be an outpatient procedure. Mrs. Jim will bring me home. Karen, our daughter, is sitting with Mrs. Jim while she waits. The other kids and grandkids would come if we needed. If for some reason I have to spend the night a whole bunch of them will visit me.
2. I am way behind on visiting you Ruby (Red) Tuesday commenting visitors. I will try to get to each and every one of you. ESPECIALLY IF YOU LEAVE A COMMENT HERE TOO!

Update:
I'm a little bit crunchier for the cannibals now. This is my fourth stent besides the AAA (abdominal aorta aneurysm) stent.
Everything went well today. My cardiologist feels very good about the stent to my left kidney. It was 80% blocked. And there is no problem with the right kidney. Mrs. Jim went with me and drove me home. She is so much support for me and is so good to me.
I came home at about 4:30 today. At about 5:30 I sat down in my recliner to send this message and put it on the blog. I went right to sleep and slept soundly until after 7:30. When I woke up I felt like I had slept until morning.
Tomorrow will be a normal day for me except for lifting anything heavy. And no golf for three to five days.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments:
Hope things go smoothly with your procedure today. Glad to know you have lots of support with you.

Love the French photos. I've never been, but we are thinking maybe of making some French villages our next big vacation. We'll see.
 
They actually serve french fries in France?! Wow, I don't know if I'm impressed or shocked lol. Love the photos, one day I'll be sitting at a little cafe enjoying espresso and clear blue French skies :)

Hopefully I'll be blessed enough to spend that time with the man I love. You're very blessed indeed to have been able to go with the woman you love!!

Stints aren't fun, in my almost 27 years of life I've already had 7 stints {horrible kidney problems} but they aren't as bad as some of the alternatives either.

Take care of yourself!! And listen to Mrs Jim!!

~Autumn
 
Best wishes on a smooth and outpatienty procedure.
 
Now I'm hungry for French fries. I've not had French fries for so very long. Sigh.

Have a terrific day. Big hug. :)
 
I remembered today was stent day and came by to say I was thinking of you

Mrs Jim looks lovely in blue and she has such a pretty smile

let us know how you're doing when you can
 
7 Comments - Left on Jan 29 "update" post:

Jeanette said...
Gday Jim.. Pleased to hear all went well with your surgery and I send my best wishes to you on a very speedy recovery.. Jen

Fri Jan 29, 06:25:00 AM 2010


Doug said...
Yeah, thanks for the update. Good to hear everything is going well.

Fri Jan 29, 07:26:00 AM 2010


Bridgette said...
I am glad your surgery went so well! :)

Fri Jan 29, 07:54:00 AM 2010


Sandee said...
No golf for 3-5 days? What on earth will you do? I'm glad things went well and I'm doubly glad you have Mrs. Jim.

Have a terrific day and weekend. :)

Fri Jan 29, 10:33:00 AM 2010


Nessa said...
I am so glad everything went well and I hope you continue to get better.

Getting Reacquainted in 55

Fri Jan 29, 02:26:00 PM 2010


quilly said...
I am so glad you are home and all went well. I was busy traveling all day yesterday, but I did say a prayer for you before setting out.

Fri Jan 29, 03:23:00 PM 2010


Dr.John said...
No golf fot that long. Will you survive?

Fri Jan 29, 06:00:00 PM 2010

..
 
Glad everything went well ;-)
Can't believe how far behind I am on blog visits ... but when my computer cooperates and I've got some time I'm catching up bit by bit. Here's to a speedy and full recovery!
Hugs and blessings,
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?