Sunday, August 09, 2009

Jim's Sunday Stealing, from this week's list -- 003

This one is not very exciting. It might be more fun to watch the corn grow than stay here very long. I omitted the really dull ones.

Then: August 1999

1. Age: Ten years younger

4. Fun night out: Eating out and movie

5. My BFFs: Mrs. Jim and Adi, then the five kids and all the grandkids. Note: I am not sure I know what the BFF these are

9. Biggest concern: Our country is going to Hell in a hand basket

10. What my biggest concern should have been: Things would get worse, year by year for the next ten.

13. If I could go back now and talk to myself I would say: Self, you are one okay guy.

Now: August 2009

1. Age: Ten years older than 1999

4. Fun night out: Eating and the movies

5. My BFFs: Mrs. Jim, Adi, Katrin, the kids and the grandkids

9. Biggest concern: Our country won't recover fast enough.

10. What my biggest concern should be: That our country would recover at all

13. What I think I would say to myself in 10 years: Self, you are an okay guy

Summary:

3. What have I accomplished in 10 years that I am most proud of:

Being retired for nine years and still live to tell about it

4. What have I NOT accomplished in 10 years that I wish I had: Finish recovering from the move and getting my home office in good shape and my old Ford car up and running.

For more clever ones, go here: Sunday Stealing Headquarters
Those are the people who rip these off from elsewhere.

Labels: ,


Comments:
wow..you are so cool!

retirement can be hard..i am glad you are having fun..
 
Hi Jim, just popped in for a look at what you're up too. Bob.
 
10 years? That's a lot to age in a decade. You taking your supplements.
 
Hi Jim! I think you have been enjoying your retirement quite well!

This world does get crazier and crazier as the years go by.
 
slow down, you go too fast, youve got to make the morning last...be cautious, be happy...be be be...i have a woman friend 69 just got back from china, was up at 2 am to get a reading on her diabetis and fell down her stairs and braoke her back...will take a year to heal....fast cars old wine young women and cold beer and fast horses as willie n would say....i say over rated
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?