Friday, October 03, 2008

Have you had your car read lately? #009 -- A Moscow (Russia) police officer WAS driving this car -- and PETA outrage!

but it stopped. Right in the middle of the street.
.
PETA News Flash:
I am dropping my membership in PETA. Of all the crass things to suggest, PETA is wanting the ice cream manufacturers to switch to human breast milk and leave those poor cows alone. They are starting with Ben & Jerry Company.

"The breast is best! Won't you give cows and their babies a break and our health a boost by switching from cow's milk to breast milk in Ben and Jerry's ice cream? Thank you for your consideration." [PETA (Sept 26, 2008) news release link](or here)

I grew up on a farm, it sure wasn't torture for those cows to be milked. They were very much relieved of their swollen udders full of milk. Almost too heavy, as to hurt when they walked. Besides they were fed nicely when while in their stalls and we were milking them.


Jim's Little Photo Place today: SkyWatch Friday

My prediction for last night's debate: Sarah Palin in seven rounds.

[I was wrong about this, it was a 'dead heat'. The seventh round? Palin went down for that one, I thought it was going to be a knockout. A hockey-mom came to her rescue with some smelly salts. I did come to respect Joe Biden, he is truly a gentleman. Subscribe to his newsletter here.]


Wednesday: Our friend had outpatient surgery yesterday. Mrs. Jim and I drove him in, waited, and brought him and his wife back home. He's doing fine now.

Picture of the day:



[large picture] [super sized]

The driver of this car is obviously embarrassed and very likely a little frustrated. This may not have been the first time he has been stranded given the reputation of Russian cars. That is if the car is Russian made, I am not familiar with this model and cannot identify it.

I am sure he is a family man, a nice man, and doesn't swear. That is the norm for police officers.

He is probably feeling helpless when thinking of getting it to run again himself. I am sure help is on the way as this is a very busy street, even though this was taken on a Sunday morning.

Why did I post this picture and the gentleman? Because it was the only way I could work this one in, it just wasn't good enough quality to be included in my Russian tour blogs.


Cartoons for the day:
Boogieman under the bed?
I used to tease scare my younger sister, Lois, terribly with warnings about the Boogieman under the beds.
Joe Biden's problem last night
A religious cartoon

Word for the day: HEAD-MONEY
Devil's Dictionary: n. A capitation tax, or poll-tax. (The first year I came to Texas I had to pay one in order to vote. I did.)
Urban Dictionary: HEAD-CHEW (HEAD-MONEY not defined yet) A very painful headache. Comes from the mountain region of Montana where bears often chew the heads of men.
"Stop yelling, I have a bad head-chew."
"Why are you crabbie, is it a head-chew?"
The Free Dictionary: n.
1. A reward paid for the capture and delivery of a fugitive; a bounty.
2. A poll tax.


This Friday feature for JIM'S LITTLE BLOG helps me tackle the blogging problem of writer's blahs. So my advice is "when you don't feel like writing anything, post a picture." That's what is happening here.
..
This is not an original idea. Reading cars came from a sermon I heard one Sunday, brought by Dr. Roger Yancey, Director of Missions, Tryon Evergreen Baptist Association, of which our church, First Baptist Church of Conroe Texas, is associated. I believe my count of 118 was pretty close (Google that to check yourself).
I saw a few cowboy churches and quite a few Hispanic churches. All are within a 35 mile radius of our home.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments:
Its true what you say about the cows and milking Jim. They actually get to know the times for milking and can often be found at the gate waiting to be let in to the milking parlour. You know they even have automatic milking machines now that needs no inter action by man at all, the cows know when they want milking, walk in to the machine, get milked and clear off and the next one takes its turn. That machine wouldn't work if the cows didn't like getting milked. I wasn't sure if your post was a joke at first and still aren't to some extent but for sure I wouldn't fancy an ice cream at all if it wasn't made from cows milk. Bob.
 
Yes, Bob, the PETA news release made our local Houston Chronicle here.
The only non-truth in my post is that I DO NOT BELONG TO PETA. I do think they are doing a lot of good for animal welfare.
..
 
The thought of eating ice cream made from human breast milk sends chills up my spine. What will they think of next? Do you know how much breast milk they would need to make all that ice cream. Are they going to put milking machines on women? No Way, Jay!!!
 
At my church every Sunday feels like open-mike night. I thought Head Money was a bounty.
 
I thought 'head money' was a tax to use a public pay toilet ;)

Really now: PETA
(People Eating Tasty Animals) has no respect for their own animal-kind (people) ... they elevate animals to near deity. Go figure.
 
Jim, PETA getting out of control, eh? That is kinda stupid... :) Sarah did all right last night. No real faux pas, and I was so proud of Biden - he REALLY was a gentleman! And he just kept attacking John McCain instead of her! Smart move! :)
 
Hi Jim ~~ What next? Ice cream made from human breast milk - where do they expect to get all that from? I think PETA
go too far at times. Thanks for your comments a while back, just catching up and back to posting. I hope all is well
at your house. Take care, Regards, Merle.
 
Using women's milk in ice cream makes me feel ill. I think that is one way I could easily quit eating ice cream!!

I didn't watch the VP debate. Things like that make me nervous. Then the news people have to go back and tell you what they said anyway!
 
Dear Jim,
how many weirdoers are allowed the benefit of free enterprise over there?
There's a lack of breast milk for premature babies.
If some milk can be provied it should be for these poor once.
Somehow in the back of my mind I vaguely remember something about John Rockefeller drinking breast milk in his nineties.
Am I right or am I right?
From Felisol
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?