Sunday, April 27, 2008

Answers to the post below

These four (ladies commenting in the post below) had all lost their Bibles. Our Minister of Administration (lady on the right) opened the lost Bible closet for them to look.

None of theirs were found.

At San Jacinto College, every summer we auctioned off all the lost items not claimed.
I found a $20 bill once, no one claimed it so it was mine in the summer. This was because I had asked for it when bringing it in.

Legally, if the finder when turning the the lost item in requests, it can be his if the owner doesn't show up. There are a few loop holes around this rule.

Basically it is 'finders keepers, losers weepers' unless we can identify the loser. The loser has absolute right to the property.
.
........................................................................
.
The riddle answer: a newspaper (I misspelled read). This is an old grade school riddle, at least in Nebraska.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments:
Jim, I'll have to tell you the story about my senior ring that was left on the gym floor at San Jac, when I was a student there. Actually it was stolen by the janitor and was returned to me by his X-wife 30 years later...It's quite a story.

Too bad the ladies didn't find their bibles...I hope they turn up.
 
Ah ha!! Now we know!
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?