Friday, March 21, 2008

Good Friday Post -- The Wondrous Cross



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZINHgXaLXlQ
Click this link if you don't have sound
or want to go to her YouTube yourself.



When I Survey the Wondrous Cross
Isaac Watts, pub.1707

Copyright:
Public Domain
[words from Timeless Truths free online library]


When I survey the wondrous cross
On which the Prince of glory died,
My richest gain I count but loss,
And pour contempt on all my pride.

Forbid it, Lord, that I should boast,
Save in the death of Christ my God!
All the vain things that charm me most,
I sacrifice them to His blood.

See from His head, His hands, His feet,
Sorrow and love flow mingled down!
Did e’er such love and sorrow meet,
Or thorns compose so rich a crown?

Were the whole realm of nature mine,
That were a present far too small;
Love so amazing, so divine,
Demands my soul, my life, my all.

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
I hope you and Mrs. Jim have a blessed Easter. We'll be at home this year ... Mr. Mac will be here in less that two months. Thanks for the award :)
 
Thank you Jim, for the lovely song. She did a beautiful job! Happy Easter to you and your family! :D
 
That is a beautiful song. Have a Happy Easter. Are you and Mrs. Jim having the family over for dinner after church?
 
Very pretty.
 
Thank you so much Jim...You are a true friend1
 
Oh, I really enjoyed that song Jim!! I hope you have a wonderful blessed Easter!!
 
Jim - This is VERY nice! I hope that you guys have a BLESSED EASTER! ~ jb///
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?